Snickers vs Dates
Craving–that irresistible urge, that unshakable desire to have at least one bite of that Snickers. But what does diet culture tell us? 'Snickers are processed junk food. Here, have chocolate coated dates stuffed with peanut butter.' And then we end up eating 10 dates trying to avoid that tiny harmless Snicker.
A few months ago, I started craving ice cream so bad. There was a lot in the freezer, but as I's already had it the day before I decided to have some chocolate. The minutes went by & I kept eating, but the craving only intensified. I grew frustrated when I realized the enormous amount of chocolate I'd just consumed, opened the freezer & had 2 bites of ice cream. And just like that my craving was satiated.
Ever since then I've been giving into my cravings. It made me feel a bit guilty at first, but I decided that it was way better than wolfing down something else which would probably going to intensify my cravings.
I've seen that a lot of people don't give into their cravings & search for a healthier alternative. It may be a good thing for some, but in the age of diet culture, people keep forgetting that the stomach isn't the only thing that need to be satisfied. Putting our mind & heart first from time to time is a healthier option, both mentally & physically.
We always eat to fill our stomach & nourish & fuel our body. But we should never forget to nourish our soul as well. Because happiness isn't always achieving a goal or doing something incredible. It can also be as simple as having a bite of ice cream or a Snicker.
(Disclamer: I'm not a professional of any sort. This is just my personal opinion.)
Comments
Post a Comment